CYPRUS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
An important hub in the heart of the Mediterranean, at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and Asia, Cyprus is diverse, culturally rich and perfectly placed for working and travelling within and beyond the European Union. The economy is rapidly recovering from the recent recession through significant activities in shipping, tourism and the legal and financial services sectors. It has also seen a surge in foreign investments and developments as well as property and investment values.
WHY APPLY FOR A CYPRUS CITIZENSHIP & PASSPORT?
Cyprus boasts a rich and diverse culture, mild Mediterranean climate, a safe and stable setting which is ideal for raising families and an ideal location for business and travelling. Investors also look at Cyprus for business and investment purposes recognizing numerous investment opportunities.
BENEFITS OF THE CYPRUS INVESTMENT PROGRAM
- Fast-track procedure allowing for citizenship within three months
- No physical residence requirements during or after the application procedure (the only requirement is for one visit every 7 years)
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe
- Right to own land in an EU member state
- Strategic geographical location, forming a bridge between the EU, Middle East and North Africa with direct access to the Mediterranean Sea
- Low crime rate, excellent education system with a number of high standard schools and universities and first-rate healthcare
- Outstanding holiday destination
CYPRUS INVESTMENT CRITERIA
Offered in accordance with the Civil Registry Laws 2002-2013, the Naturalization of Investors by Exception Scheme, the program is one of the fastest to lead to residence and citizenship in Europe. To qualify for application, you will need to meet one of the requirements outlined in the “Investment Options” section.
In addition to making a financial investment, applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must have a valid passport
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of the declared funds for investment
- Provide proof that the applicant has no criminal record
- The applicant’s name must not be included in the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen
within the boundaries of the EU
- Payment of application fees