Investor Residency Bond Program
A booming hub in the heart of Central Europe, Hungary is one of the most visited, culturally rich and well-located countries on the Old Continent.
Why choose Hungary?
As a member of the European Union and the Schengen zone, Hungary is among the 30 most visited destinations on the planet. It boasts a rich and diverse culture universal healthcare and is perfectly located in the center of Europe. Established in 2012, the Investor Residency Bond Program offers applicants a host of advantages.
Benefits for temporary residence (annually renewable permit):
- Government approved investment bonds
- Special exemption from physical residence is applied to the main applicant and all qualifying family members
- Fast application process – all qualifying applicants receive a Hungarian ID for temporary residency (TR) in less than three months which gives them the right to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone.
Benefits for permanent residence:
- Single application process for the main applicant and all qualifying family members with no mandatory trips to Hungary required
- Fast and facilitated application process for permanent residency – applicants and their family members can apply for permanent residency just six months after receiving their TR cards
- Inclusion of dependants under 18 at the time of PR application approval
- Free movement throughout the Schengen zone
The Investor Residency Bond Program does not have any set criteria for applicants in terms of personal net worth or management experience. However, the Hungarian administration officers reserve the right to request an interview meeting with the applicant, which can be exercised at random.
During the initial due-diligence and application stages, the financial intermediary and the Hungarian authorities will follow standard know-your-clients (KYC) and anti-money laundering procedures. For this reason, at the stage of application, the principal applicants will have to provide a set of standard documents proving their source of income and accumulation of personal net worth.
Applicants are required to maintain a residential address in Hungary for the period of their temporary residence permit for which additional fees apply.