MALTA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
An archipelago located in central Mediterranean, Malta is renowned for historic sites and landmarks that are reminiscent of its colourful and rich history. Throughout the years, it has cemented its position as a major trading hub, particularly in container and freight transshipment. Today, the island country is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, with tourism being its major income source.
WHY APPLY FOR A MALTA CITIZENSHIP & PASSPORT?
Malta is classified by the International Monetary Fund as having an advanced economy, while the World Bank considers it as a high income country. Citizens enjoy a top-ranked healthcare system and high quality of life, with an overall affordable cost of living. In recent years, Malta’s property market has been flourishing with no signs of slowing down. Most expatriates enjoy Malta’s year-round sunshine and pleasant warm weather. Plus, access to EU member countries is easy with a Malta passport.
BENEFITS OF THE MALTA INVESTMENT PROGRAM
- Fast and efficient application process – citizenship can be approved within 4 months of processing time
- Applicants can obtain Schengen Residence status, effective for 1 year, while waiting for their Maltese passport
- Lifetime validity; no need for renewal, provided successful applicants comply with given rules
- Visa free travel to more than 120 countries, including US and Canada
- Maltese citizens enjoy world-class healthcare, which has been ranked as top 5 by the World Health Organization – free medical services that include hospitalization, prescriptions, pregnancy, child birth, and specialised treatments
- Maltese citizens by investment can access free education via public schools for children and the publicly-funded University of Malta
Malta’s Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) grants citizenship to individuals and families who have made a significant contribution to the country’s economic and social development. The program is regulated by Malta’s revised Citizenship Act, or Chapter 188 of the Law of Malta, and enacted through Legal Notice 47 of 2014.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and above
- Minimum residency requirement of 12 months
- No criminal record
- Must be in good health
- Meet investment criteria in property, bond/shares, or contribution to Malta’s National Development & Social Fund