Short-term Study Visa

You can apply for a Short-term Study visa if you plan to do a short course of study in the UK such as an English language course, training course or conduct research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad.

To be eligible for this visa, you must prove that you:

  • Have been offered a place to study on a course in the UK with an education institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence
  • Have adequate maintenance funds to support yourself during your stay without any recourse to UK public funds or that you can be supported and provided accommodation by relatives or friends
  • Have adequate funds to meet the cost of the return or onward journey

If you are under 18 years, you must also:

  • Have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
  • Have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

Back to UK

| | |
Copyright © 2017 Times. All Rights Reserved.