Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa
This visa program is for graduates identified by UK Higher Education Institutions as having developed world class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills to extend their stay in the UK after graduation to establish or develop their businesses in the UK. The business can be as a sole trader, a partnership or a company registered in the UK. There can be more than one business.
The following requirements are needed in order to be eligible:
- UK recognised bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD awarded before your date of endorsement
- Endorsement from an authorised UK higher education institution
- Maintenance funds – £945 in savings if applying from inside the UK or £1,890 if applying outside the UK – these funds must have been held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 90 consecutive days prior to the date of your application
- Proficiency in the English language
The English language requirements are:
- Having a degree level qualification from an English speaking country that is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, or
- Passing an English language test to a level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) in all four components – reading, writing, speaking and listening
Exceptions are for those individuals who are a national of a majority English speaking country.