Tier 2 (General) Visa
This is a Points Based System for companies which allows a candidate to obtain a work permit in the UK in order to undertake a skilled job in a UK based company.
The eligibility requirements for the visa are:
- The overseas worker must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
- The job has a minimum annual salary of £155,300 or the sponsor has completed a Resident Labour Market Test or the job is on the shortage occupation list.
- The applicant must have sufficient funds for maintenance in the UK or the sponsor should certify that they will provide maintenance and accommodation during the first month of the applicant’s employment in the UK.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
The English language requirements are as follows:
- Pass an English language test with at least a level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) in all four components – reading , writing, speaking and listening, or
- Have a degree level qualification from an English speaking country that is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree
Exceptions are for those individuals who are a national of a majority English speaking country.