Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa

You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) Student visa if you are aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

To be eligible for this visa, you must be able to prove the following:

  • You have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with an education institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence.
  • You have the consent of your parent or guardian.
  • You have adequate maintenance funds to cover the cost of your course fees and living expenses while you are in the UK without any recourse to UK public funds.

You can work if you are aged 16 or older:

  • Part-time during the school term for up to 10 hours per week
  • Full-time during vacation periods
  • On a work placement as part of your course, but not for more than 50% of your course time
  • As a student union sabbatical for up to 2 years

Back to UK